My Sexual Health Team Member:
Counselling Psychologist with an interest in sexual health.
Stephen works as a counselling psychologist in Fairland, Johannesburg specialising in individual and couple/relationship clinical counselling and psychotherapy. His special interest is sex therapy, particularly amongst the LGBT+ community. He has worked with sexual health and wellness issues, particularly HIV/Aids activism, treatment programme design and corporate consulting and counselling since 1993.
Stephen has been a member of the MSH Team since 2020 and attends monthly MSH team meetings in Bryanston.
- BA (Hons) Psychosocial Studies with professional studies (UEL, UK)
- MA Community-based Counselling Psychology (MACC) (Wits)
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- Various SASHA CPD talks between 2015 and 2017 on topics such as polyamory, mindfulness and sex therapy, sexuality in disability and disease.
- Vista Clinic CPD talk on ‘The psychodynamic and biomedical reasons for sexual dysfunction in humans and treatment strategies’ October 2015
- Facilitated ‘Sex, sexuality & gender identity course for mental health professionals’ – Aug 2016
- SASHA Masterclass: Sexology October 2016
- My Sexual Health – Sexual Pain Intro & History – April 2020
- My Sexual Health – Sexual Pain Examination & Vestibulodynia – April 2020
- My Sexual Health – Vaginismus and Vaginal Dilators – May 2020
Disclaimer: MSH provides a platform for Sexual Health providers to network and learn in order to render the highest level of sexual health services to patients. MSH does not take responsibility for the clinical practice of any of its members. Any concerns can be directed towards email@example.com but misconduct needs to be reported to the registration body of the particular individual.