My Sexual Health Team Member:
Counselling Psychologist with an interest in sexual health.
Stephen works as a counselling psychologist in Fairland, Johannesburg specialising in individual and couple/relationship clinical counselling and psychotherapy. His special interest is sex therapy, particularly amongst the LGBT+ community. He has worked with sexual health and wellness issues, particularly HIV/Aids activism, treatment programme design and corporate consulting and counselling since 1993.
Stephen has been a member of the MSH Team since 2020 and attends monthly MSH team meetings in Bryanston.
- BA (Hons) Psychosocial Studies with professional studies (UEL, UK)
- MA Community-based Counselling Psychology (MACC) (Wits)
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- Various SASHA CPD talks between 2015 and 2017 on topics such as polyamory, mindfulness and sex therapy, sexuality in disability and disease.
- Vista Clinic CPD talk on ‘The psychodynamic and biomedical reasons for sexual dysfunction in humans and treatment strategies’ October 2015
- Facilitated ‘Sex, sexuality & gender identity course for mental health professionals’ – Aug 2016
- SASHA Masterclass: Sexology October 2016
- My Sexual Health – Sexual Pain Intro & History – April 2020
- My Sexual Health – Sexual Pain Examination & Vestibulodynia – April 2020
- My Sexual Health – Vaginismus and Vaginal Dilators – May 2020
- Registered Counselling Psychologist in South Africa (HPCSA) and the United Kingdom (HCPC)
- RSA Practice number: PR NO: 0527165
- Official Regulating Body Registration Number: HPCSA – PS123340