My Sexual Health Team Member:
Physiotherapist with a special interest in women’s health, orthopaedic and sports physiotherapy
Marelé Spies graduated from the University of Pretoria in 2016 with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree. In 2018 she completed her postgraduate orthopaedic manipulative therapy course. She began specialising in pelvic and women’s health physiotherapy in January 2019.
Marelé has a passion for assisting pelvic and women’s health patients in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team. She enjoys combining skills from several physiotherapy approaches to treat her patients with a wide variety of conditions optimally and holistically. She currently works in Silver Lakes, Pretoria at Raath & van Heerden Physiotherapists.
- BPhysT – Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2016) – University of Pretoria
- Postgraduate Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy course in 2018
- Started specialising in pelvic and women’s health physiotherapy in January 2019, completing Modules 1 & 2
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- Sexual Pain Training Course (My Sexual Health)
- Participation in monthly multi-disciplinary team meetings with the My Sexual Health team
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships: