My Sexual Health Team Member:
Dr Eugene Viljoen
Clinical Psychologist and Sexologist
Eugene has been in private practice since 1992. He is registered with the HPCSA as a Clinical Psychologist. He trained as a Clinical Psychologist and finished his internship at the Dept of Psychiatry at 1 Military Hospital where a special interest developed in sexual rehabilitation of war veterans. This period was followed with a short-sponsored internship at the Masters and Johnson Institute (Sexual Health) in St Louis, Missouri, USA. A Doctoral programme followed.
Apart from the clinical work done, he is the Past President of the Southern Africa Sexual Health Association (SASHA), served on the advisory boards of Pfizer & Bayer Pharmaceutical companies, and previously on the scientific advisory board of the World Association for Sexology. He also acted as the Secretary for the African Federation for Sexual Health and Sexual Rights for four years. He is currently on the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
A number of international invitations as a lecturer in Sexology was fulfilled in Italy, Tunis, Canada, Cuba, Kenya and South Africa. Eugene was certified as a Sexologist after completing all the requirements and examination, through the Academic Board of the European Federation of Sexology and the European Society for Sexual Medicine in 2014.
In South Africa he has lectured at different Universities to medical and postgraduate students. He is a contributor to publications in the popular media relating to Sexual Health, as well as television inserts with reference to documentaries (Carte Blanche, Sex Etc. on MNET) and live talk shows on South African television. He was included as a contributor in the latest publication from Struik Publishers on the profiling of sex offenders.
- (B.Sc) Psychology, Human Physiology
- (B.Sc. Hons) Physiology & Biochemistry
- (B.Sc. Hons) Psychology
- (M.Sc.) Clinical Psychology
– Forensic Aviation Medicine and Psychology (University of Southern California) 1985
– Clinical Hypnosis (University of South Africa) 1988
– Human Sexology (Masters and Johnson, USA) 1987
– Psycho-Neurology and Assessment (University of South Africa) 1988
– Pre Doctoral Certificate (University of South Africa) 1990
– Sexual Medicine (ISSM) 2014
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships:
- The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
- European and International Society for Sexual Medicine
Additional Sexual Health Related Courses & CPDs:
- Registered Clinical Psychologist with the HPCSA in South Africa
- Practice number: PR 8614792
- Official Regulating Body Registration Number: PS0026077
- Member of The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
Disclaimer: MSH provides a platform for Sexual Health providers to network and learn in order to render the highest level of sexual health services to patients. MSH does not take responsibility for the clinical practice of any of its members. Any concerns can be directed towards email@example.com but misconduct needs to be reported to the registration body of the particular individual.