My Sexual Health Team Member:
Clinical Psychologist and Psycho-Sexologist
Chantal is a Clinical Psychologist specialising in Sexology. Chantal works with children, adolescents, couples and individuals in the area of sexual health in private practice in Sea Point and Kuilsriver, Cape Town.
She is certified in Psycho-sexology through the European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM) so is qualified to do gender affirming therapy, alternative relationship and family counselling (polyamory and open relating) as well as dealing with a wide range of general sexual health and gender concerns.
Chantal is currently completing her PHD through UCT’s school of Public Health and Family Medicine, where her research focusses on intersectionality of race, class and sexuality in adolescents in low income settings. She was awarded the prestigious Bridges Fellowship in association with Brown University in the USA to conduct this research.
She is also a Western Cape executive member of the South African Sexual Health Association (SAHSA).
- B.Soc.Sci (UCT), Hons B.A. (UNISA), M.A. Clin. Psych, (Stell)
- Current: PHD – UCT school of Public Health and Family medicine
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- EFS – ESSM certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS) – 2020
- Current PHD candidate – Public Health and Family Medicine – UCT
- SASHA Masterclasses: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Multiple SASHA CPDs over the last 3 years
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships: