These types of guys often have problems with erections…
How to know if you suffer from Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile problems can be a sign of heart disease? Check here if you are at risk:
- Are you smoking?
- Did you smoke for more than one year before quitting?
- Are you taking more than 21 units of alcohol per week (one unit is one beer, one glass of wine or a single tot of hard liquor)
- Do you get less than 30 min of exercise at least 5 days a week?
- Do you eat less than five fresh fruits and vegetables per day and often eat fried and processed foods?
- Did your father have a heart attack or stroke before the age of 55, and your mother before 65?
- Do you have a big belly?
- Do you suffer from any of the following? *
- High blood pressure (More than 130/85)
- High cholesterol (LDL more than 3)
- High blood sugar levels (diabetes or pre-diabetes) (fasting glucose >5)
- Low testosterone levels (early morning sample lower than 12)
- Kidney disease (eGFR < 60)
- Prostate problems (elevated PSA, BPH or infection)
- Abdominal circumference of more than 102 cm?
- Highly sensitive CRP above 2
- Sleep apnoea
*If you don’t know any of your scores, ask your doctor to do these tests for you.
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you might have problems with your erections already, or might develop problems in the near future. Even more serious: You might have heart disease that you’re not aware of.
Other causes for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Nerve problems: After surgery or injury to the pelvic area (including the prostate), or other conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, spinal cord injuries and neuropathies.
- Pelvic floor muscle problems including weakness and spasm.
- Medication such as anti-depressants, sedatives, blood pressure medication (especially b-blockers and diuretics), and drugs that lower testosterone, such as spironolactone, as well as medicine for stomach ulcers and heartburn.
- Recreational drugs such as dagga or cocaine.
- Psychological factors such as performance anxiety or relationship problems.
- Sexual problems in your partner.
- Medical conditions such as Peyronie’s Disease.
- Urinary problems (going too often, dribbling afterwards, hesitancy and weak stream).
We have products for men with Erectile Dysfunction – But please make an appointment with one of the experts for a consultation: