My Sexual Health Team Member:
Physiotherapist with special interest in women’s health and orthopaedics.
Tammy Chivers is a Physiotherapist with a special interest in women’s health, sexual pain and orthopaedics. She practices in Olivedale, Johannesburg.
Tammy has been a member of MSH since 2013. She was one of the first physios to attend the MSH multidisciplinary team meetings and over the years, she has treated hundreds of women suffering from sexual pain.
She has a special interest in women with pelvic girdle pain and has completed her postgraduate training in Women’s Health in 2012. Furthermore, she treats post-pregnancy complications, urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Tammy has also completed training in lymphoedema and assists women post-mastectomy.
Tammy runs a private outpatient practice focusing on musculoskeletal, trauma and orthopaedic conditions since 2010.
- MSc(Physiotherapy) Wits 2010
- BSc(Physiotherapy) Wits 2002
- Certificate in Women’s Health Physiotherapy 2012
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy 2014
- Certificate in Medicine and Law (UNISA) 2005
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- EFS – ESSM certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS) – 2020
- Current PHD candidate – Public Health and Family Medicine – UCT
- SASHA Masterclasses: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Multiple SASHA CPDs over the last 3 years
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships: