My Sexual Health Team Member:
Tamlyn Anderson is an experienced Clinical Psychologist, working with multidisciplinary teams as well as managing her own private practice. She is trained and experienced in various short-term and long-term therapeutic approaches and is skilled at tailoring therapy to an individual’s specific needs.
She has extensive experience working with anxiety and trauma, having spent five years providing treatment in an acute physical rehabilitation hospital. She works with individuals across the lifespan, and has spent eight years specialising in therapy for various neurological and psychiatric conditions, including epilepsy, traumatic brain injury and functional neurological disorder (FND).
The skills she has developed working with anxiety, trauma and somatoform disorders have also been utilised working with sexual health conditions, including female sexual pain, and vacurect therapy for spinal cord injuries.
- Affiliate member at The Psychology Couch since 2019.
- Clinical Psychologist in private practice at The Practice February 2018 – present
- Lecturer at Monash University from 2014-2015.
- Senior Clinical Psychologist at the Netcare Rehabilitation Hospital from 2013-2018
- Specialist in Trauma working at Clayton House and Milpark through Rita Henn and Partners
- Member of the Functional Disorders Network since 2013
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology (M.A. Clin Psych), University of Witwatersrand, 2010-2011. Research Title: An exploration of social and interpersonal relationships as they are portrayed on pro-ana websites.
A Post Graduate Merit Scholarship (PGS) was awarded, which recognises academic excellence of students who achieve an overall average above 70%. Part of my duties during this time was to be an examination marker for first year psychology student examinations.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Psychology (B.A. Hons Psych), University of the Witwatersrand, 2009. Research Title: An investigation into the attitudes regarding the ethical use of male circumcision as a possible mandatory tool to prevent HIV infection.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Psych), University of the Witwatersrand, 2008
Majors: Psychology and English
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships:
- Registered Clinical Psychologist (Counselling) with the HPCSA: PS0117269
- BFH Practice number: 0485845