My Sexual Health Team Member:
Megan le Roux
Physiotherapist with a special interest in women’s health, orthopaedic and sports physiotherapy
Megan Le Roux graduated from the University of Pretoria in 2008 with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree. In 2011 she completed her postgraduate orthopaedic manipulative therapy course. She began specialising in pelvic and women’s health physiotherapy in January 2018.
Megan has a passion for assisting pelvic and women’s health patients in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team. She enjoys combining skills from several physiotherapy approaches to treat her patients with a wide variety of conditions optimally and holistically.
Megan is currently working in private practice in Windhoek with a Pilates-based practice and is working with pelvic pain with gynaecologist, Dr. S Laker, Lady Pohamba Hospital, who refers musculoskeletal referred pelvic pain for treatment.
- BPhysT – Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2008) – University of Pretoria
- Postgraduate Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy course (2011)
- Started specialising in pelvic and women’s health physiotherapy (2018), completing Modules 1 & 2
- Master’s Degree in Public Health from the University of South Wales (2021)
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs:
- Sexual Pain Training Course (My Sexual Health)
- Participation in monthly multi-disciplinary team meetings with the MSH team
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships:
- Registered Physiotherapist with the Health Professional Council in Namibia (Reg no: PHY00193)