My Sexual Health Team Member:
Dr Marelize Swart
Psychologist and Sexologist
Dr Marelize Swart is a psychologist and sex therapist with more than 20 years of international experience in individual, couples and sex therapy that she obtained in Canada and the USA. She has been a sessional instructor to medical students and Masters degree students in Psychology and Sex Therapy in Canada. After living abroad for more than 25 years, she returned home to Cape Town and became member of the MSH Team in 2014.
Her input on sexual matters has been featured in numerous magazines and newspaper articles over the years. Also, she was the Sexologist expert for SA’s Drum magazine for two years, as well as the Sexologist expert for Health24’s forum for four years.
- B.Soc.Sci (University of Stellenbosch)
- Psych Honours (University of Stellenbosch)
- MA Psych (University of Stellenbosch)
- PhD Applied Psych (University of Calgary, Canada)
Additional Sexual Health Related Memberships:
Additional Sexual Health Related Courses / CPDS:
- A one year internship in Sex Therapy at the Human Sexuality Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
- A one year long further training in Individual, Couples and Sex Therapy at the Council for Relationships, Philadelphia, USA
- Transgender Assessment Training for MSP funding, Vancouver, Canada
- Ongoing training in Sex and/or Couples Therapy in Canada and USA
- Southern African Sexual Health Association