My Sexual Health Team Member:
Physiotherapist with a special interest in Women’s Health, Chronic Pain and Neuromusculoskeletal Dysfunction & Rehabilitation
Celeste Andrea has worked in the field of Women’s Health physiotherapy since 2009.
Celeste is always keen to apply theory to clinical practice and she has therefore worked within multi-disciplinary teams in specialised clinics in the public sector. She gained invaluable experience as a physiotherapist in the Urogynaecology Clinic at Tygerberg Hospital and the Pain Clinic at Groote Schuur Hospital.
Celeste served on the Western Cape Women’s Health Physiotherapy Group Committee from 2015 to 2018. In her role as secretary and subsequently, as chairperson, she was responsible for arranging courses and promoting pelvic health physiotherapy to the public, as well as medical professionals.
Celeste regularly presents talks on antenatal and postnatal care, exercise, and pelvic floor dysfunction. She currently works in private practice, with a strong focus on rehabilitation and pain management.
- B.Sc (Physiotherapy) – University of the Western Cape (1998)
- Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI) Pilates Instructor – 2006
- Diploma in Orthopaedic medicine – 2008 (Society of Orthopaedic Medicine in the United Kingdom)
- Certificate in Pain Management – 2018 (APDL 2 Qualification – Train Pain Academy)
- Completed Modules 1 to 4 of the Women’s Health Physiotherapy Group Course
Additional Sexual Health Related Qualifications/Courses/CPDs: