My Sexual Health Team Member:
Physiotherapist with a special interest in Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Chronic Pain, General Physiotherapy (OMT trained) and Certified APPI Pilates instructor
Andrea Collins is a qualified physiotherapist specialising in the field of pelvic floor physiotherapy since 2015. As a director at AOC Physiotherapists Inc, she runs the Work Rehab branch in Kuils River.
She served on the committee for the Western Cape Women’s Health Physiotherapy Group from 2015 to 2018 as treasurer and subsequently as secretary. Her role involved arranging courses and promoting pelvic health physiotherapy to both health professionals and the public.
In 2018 to 2019 she developed a women’s health social media platform called MyLadybits.com. This platform was created to educate and empower woman of all ages to feel more confident (and inquisitive) about their pelvic health.
Always learning, reading and researching the latest approaches to pain management, her mission is to tailor each evidence-based treatment according to the patient and their specific needs, using a combination of manual therapy, exercise and pain education.
- BSc (Physiotherapy) – University of Cape Town (2006)
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (2012)
- Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI) Pilates Instructor (2013)
- Various Modules in Women’s Health Physiotherapy Certification since 2014
- Various Modules in Pain Management since 2016 – Train Pain Academy
Additional Sexual Health Related Courses/CPDs: