To request an appointment, please contact Dalene on:
Mobile: 083 253 5122
Available for online consultations.
My Sexual Health Team Member:
Dalene van Dyk
Psychosexual Educator & Nurse Therapist
Delene van Dyk is a professional nurse therapist, psychosexual educator and public speaker. She passionately dedicated the past 25 years professionally to a combination of mental health, sexual health and education, touching the lives of thousands of people worldwide.
She is well known for her internationally acclaimed model, Binaries and Boxes (or Not!), sensitising health care and other service providers to have an increased understanding of sexual and gender identity and diversity. Lately she fascinates adults with Pandora se Doos on stage edutainment focusing on relationships, intimacy and connection.
- BCur (IetA), University of Pretoria
Present and past projects:
- Co-author, Health Care Provision for MSM, SW and People who use drugs. academia.edu/DelenevanDyk
- WAS 2015 Singapore presentation: A training modality assisting in the understanding of sexual identity and fluidity.
- WISH (Women in Sexual Health) Associate.
- SASHA (Southern African Sexual Health Association) Executive Director and Vice President.
- WAS 2017 Prague Workshop.
- PsySSA Sexual and Gender Diversity Position Statement.
- OUT Wellbeing / MSMGF Webinar. 2014, Binaries & Boxes (Or Not!).
- Research report, Lesbian Lives Unlimited, 2011.
- COC How to get the most out of your LGBTI Peer Educator Programme.
- Keynote Speaker, Finding Freedom Seminar, Palm Springs, California, January 2017.
- ASSM 2015, Durban Conferences Workshop presentation.
- Training of community educators.
Disclaimer: MSH provides a platform for Sexual Health providers to network and learn in order to render the highest level of sexual health services to patients. MSH does not take responsibility for the clinical practice of any of its members. Any concerns can be directed towards email@example.com but misconduct needs to be reported to the registration body of the particular individual.